Thursday, November 27, 2008

Subah dekhenge

The encounter and the rescue mission is yet on. My mom called in the evening and asked if I was going to office tomorrow and I said "subah dekhenge". My mom said - "Yeh toh Jammu wali baat hai".

From 1990 - 1992 my father was posted in Jammu... if you havent stayed in J&K you have no idea of what I am talking about. There you lived on a 'daily basis' ...that time it seemed natural...that was the way of life. You made plans having checked the hygiene factors (bombing/shoot outs)... I remember all of us going to the railway station to drop my aunt... when we reached home there was the news of a bomb blast on the same platform - we missed it by 15 min. We went to raghunath bazar and by the time the first car reached home there was a blast and we waited... hands folded in prayer... for the rest of our family.

Today... after 16 years I am again in a place jahan subah dekhenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment